Disclaimer: This post features item(s) received complimentary for reviewing purposes, but the opinions are mine and, as always, honest. Read the full disclosure here.
I was recently contacted to review a few products from the Palmer’s Canada Coconut Oil Collection, and I just couldn’t refuse. With the warmer weather slowly coming to BC, I knew the scent of coconut would be irresistible. I received their Coconut Oil Body Lotion, Body Oil and the latest addition to the line, Coconut Oil Formula Luminous Hydration Facial Oil. Even better, they offered a set of all three of these products to three of my followers (continue reading for the giveaway).
The first product I’ve tried is the Body Lotion. This product has a standard lotion texture with a strong coconut scent, that lingers on the skin. The main ingredients are raw coconut oil, Tahitian Monoï oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E. According to Palmer’s, all of the ingredients are harvested in a sustainable and ethical way, which is very important to me. Products with coconut oil can break me out sometimes, but I’ve used this lotion a couple of times and had no issues. It absorbs almost instantly and doesn’t feel greasy on my skin, and hydrates quite well.
I really like this product, especially on warmer days when I want to avoid that greasy feeling that many body moisturizers leave. It is great for use after morning showers when I just want to quickly get dressed and go.
As much as I loved the body lotion, the Body Oil is my favorite among these three products. The ingredients in this lovely oil are also sustainable and ethically harvested, and the blend is full of wonderful oils – raw coconut oil, Grape seed, Macadamia and Argan oil, Tahitian Monoï oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E. Unlike the body lotion, the coconut scent in this oil is less noticeable once it absorbs into the skin, which makes it much better for my migraine days. It’s a bit greasier than the lotion, but it absorbs well and leaves skin glowing and not too greasy. It provides me with great hydration, and I can easily go more than one day without reapplying after using it. I prefer to use this oil in the evening, since the scent is lighter. I imagine it would be great to use it after a day in the sun, to boost that natural glow.
Palmer’s Luminous Hydration Facial Oil is a new product, made with fair trade extra virgin coconut oil and Tahitian Monoï oil, infused with Tiare flower petals. Some of the other main ingredients are sweet almond oil and vitamin E, and other pure precious oils. I’ve been using facial oils for a long time, and love what they do for my skin. This particular oil was in my evening skincare routine for about a week, and I love how well it absorbs, just make sure not too use too much – a few drops is all I need. It doesn’t make my skin too greasy and I’ve been considering using it in the mornings, too, since most natural sunscreens dry out my skin and I need that extra layer of hydration under sunscreen. The oil has just a touch of the coconut scent, so it doesn’t bother my sensitive nose and hasn’t caused any migraines so far. The only thing I didn’t love is the dropper, it kind of drips on it’s own without even squeezing it, so be careful.
What’s really important is that these products are free from parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, gluten, sulfates and dyes. It’s not always easy to find products free of all these nasty ingredients at these prices. I enjoyed using all three of the products, but the body oil is my favorite – I love how it leaves my skin supple and glowing, without making it greasy. I love the lotion in the mornings and warmer days, and the facial oil is great because it absorbs so well.
Three separate people will win all three of the above mentioned products (body lotion, body oil and facial oil).
Please note: The sponsor, Palmer’s Canada, will be shipping the prizes. By entering the giveaway you are authorizing me to share your personal information with them if you are one of the winners, which may include your name, address, phone number, email and/or social media handles.
Please read the rules below before entering, then follow this link to enter the giveaway:
(open it in a separate tab, you may need to come back to this blog post).
- One winner will win all three products mentioned above (plant not included), with ARV $20.97 CAD. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This giveaway is open only to Canadian residents that are 18+ years old, excluding Quebec!
- Giveaway starts on Saturday, May 12 at the time of this post and ends on Saturday, May 19 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.
- Winner will be chosen at random and contacted by e-mail within 5 days after the closing day, after I check all the entries. I will try to be as fast as possible. Winner will have 48h to respond. In case no response is received, I will choose another winner.
- It is mandatory to answer a skill-based question, which is your free entry into the contest. All other entries are optional, but you can unlock more entries only if you finish the ones shown as ‘mandatory’. If you unfollow me at any time after the giveaway, you will be blocked from any and all future giveaways.
- IMPORTANT: You have to confirm e-mail subscription for that entry to count. Make sure you enter the correct email or WordPress account into widget for this entry to count. This means you will receive an e-mail every time I publish a post. You can unsubscribe at any time, but this will block you from entering any future giveaways.
- By entering the giveaway you agree to have your name or social media handle publicly posted, in a manner that respects your privacy. Also, you agree to post a photo of your received prize on Twitter and/or Instagram. and give permission to giveaway host and sponsor to share the photo(s).